Edge to Cloud
The Power of Edge to Cloud
Edge computing is becoming more and more prominent and is part of a distributed computing topology where information processing is performed close to the user or source of data.
- According to Gartner, the edge computing market is expected to grow from $36.5 billion in 2021 to $87.3 billion by 2026.
- Edge computing is a trend that will complement cloud computing for nearly every enterprise.
- Edge computing is most associated with Internet of Things (IoT) applications designed, for example, for use in autonomous cars, industrial automation, and predictive maintenance to reduce latency and to meet the real-time performance requirements of those applications.
Edge Computing Complements Cloud Technologies
Real-time applications with low latency requirements will be done at the edge, while big data applications that require the aggregation of data from multiple sources and locations for advanced analytics, artificial intelligence (AI), and machine learning will be best performed in the cloud.
The challenge, however, is moving huge volumes of IoT datasets to the cloud efficiently and securely.
The Edge to Cloud ApproachWANdisco® Edge to Cloud is designed to move IoT and file data across edge systems, data centers, and public clouds so you can:
- Activate the data for AI, machine learning, and advanced analytics on modern cloud data platforms
- Scale to handle the largest IoT datasets
- Support the movement and activation of multiple petabytes of data per day